A typical graduation course consists of a project course in one semester and a final paper in the following semester. The final paper must then have a formal assignment approved by the department chair.
If the student fulfils all the requirements (both the thesis and the studies) and receives credit for both the project course and the thesis, they may apply for the Final State Examination, where they must defend their thesis and pass the professional part. Upon successful defence and examination, they will successfully complete the studies.
We recommend that you directly contact the potential supervisor in the student’s area of interest to discuss the process. Supervisors may also assign new topics when appropriate. You have a great deal of choice in the topic, however, we require that the topic is relevant to the focus of our program. If you are in doubt, please contact the guarantors.
Where to find inspiration for choosing thesis topics:
- List of topics in KOS,
- Faculty database of term projects,
- Research teams involved in the programme,
- List of departments involved in the programme,
- List of external departments offering theses for our students (to be added):
- Selected Bachelor’s theses,
- Selected Diploma’s theses.
How to write a thesis?
- The recommended templates will save you a lot of time:
- Template and instructions of the Department of Circuit Theory (PDF and DOCX)
- CTUstyle and summary info on TeX, LaTeX templates by RNDr. Petr Olšák
- LaTeX template for thesis,
- Find citations by Summon search engine for CTU library or GoogleScholar
- How to cite?
- How to write a final thesis (CZ) (link and link)?
- General study information,
- Summary information on the Bachelor’s stage given by the faculty (cz),
- Summary of the Master’s stage given by the faculty (cz),
- Instructions for successful completion of the bachelor’s degree (cz); the master’s degree is analogous.
- Study plans (bachelor, and master)
- Timetables within FEE CTU,
- Topics for Bachelor’s (cz) and Master’s final exam,
- career and praxis possibilities (cz).